Community Music Institute Policies
- Instructors are permitted two absences per semester, one for professional obligations and one absence for personal reasons.
- Lessons missed by the student due to illness will be made up at the discretion of the instructor.
- In the case of students missing their lesson, other than for illness and reasons discussed with the instructor, the lesson will not be rescheduled.
- Lessons missed without notifying the instructor at least 24 hours in advance will not be rescheduled.
- A maximum of two lessons per semester are allowed to be rescheduled.
- During times of inclement weather it is at the instructor’s discretion to teach or cancel a class/lesson.
- If your instructor chooses to teach his class/lesson when there is inclement weather, you, as a student/parent, are only expected to attend if you feel that you can get to your class/lesson without jeopardizing yourself. No one is expected to take any personal risk to get to campus.
- You will not be penalized in any way for missing a class/lesson, if you, the student, communicated to your instructor at least two hours prior to your scheduled class/lesson that you were cancelling due to weather.
- If you, the student, does not show up without any prior notification to your instructor, the lesson will not be rescheduled.
EXCEPTION: All CMI classes/lessons will be cancelled without any penalty, if Lebanon Valley College delays (am classes/lessons), cancels evening activities/classes (pm classes/lessons), or closes (am & pm classes/lessons). Your instructor will notify you of this cancellation.
- Tuition payments are to be paid in full within thirty days after billing. If complete payment cannot be made, a payment schedule can be arranged with permission of the Business Office.
- Students will not be permitted to register for classes/lessons until all previous unpaid tuition expenses are paid in full.
- There will be a 30% fee charged for all outstanding lessons and Musikgarten classes, if a student withdraws during the semester.
- There is no food or drink permitted in the Blair Music Center.